Farmers and growers who use Lancaster Ag products to grow certified organic crops work with their own certification agencies. Our company cooperates with organic certifiers, provides them with product labels and formulations, and answers questions as they arise.
Lancaster Ag formulates blends that are focused on nutrient-dense crops for human health. Our certified organic products and labels are indicated in these two ways:
- The CFU symbol in our catalogue (Considered for Organic Use)
- A green band on our labels
This implies that the products are formulated to be compatible with the USDA National Organic Program (NOP). In other words, the catalogue symbol and the product label ensure that our product is acceptable to be used in the USDA organic system.
To organic farmers and growers: You are responsible to have our products approved by your own certification agent.
Ask your certification agent if a certain Lancaster Ag product is approved by his agency. If the product has not yet been reviewed, please call Lancaster Ag at 717-687-9222. We will submit a complete label, formula, and backup documents to your certification agent for approval of use.
Ultimately you as the grower are responsible for anything that is applied or delivered to your farm. Thus, it is very important that you get prior approval before receiving any products.
Lancaster Ag works with the following certification agencies:
- Baystate Organic Certifiers (BOC)
- California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF)
- Ecocert ICO (formally Indiana Certified Organic)
- Global Organic Alliance, Inc. (GOA)
- International Certification Services, Inc. (ICS)
- Iowa Department of Agriculture
- Kentucky Department of Agriculture
- Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA)
- Midwest Organic Services Association (MOSA)
- Nature’s International Certification Services (NCIS)
- New Hampshire Department of Agriculture
- New Jersey Department of Agriculture
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of New Jersey (NOFA-NJ)
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY)
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of Massachusetts (NOFA -MA)
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT)
- Organic Crop Improvement Association (OCIA)
- Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA)
- Oregon Tilth Certified Organic (OTCO)
- Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO)
- Pro Cert Organic Systems LTD (Pro Cert)
- Quality Assurance International (QAI)
- Quality Certification services (QCS)
- Rhode Island DEM Division of Agriculture (RI DEM)
- Stellar Certification Services
**Please note that this is not an exclusive list. We are open to working with other certification agencies as the opportunity arises.